The first EURO PhD School on “Data Science Meets Combinatorial Optimization” will be held September 4-8 2023 in Bielefeld. We are grateful to the top speakers that accepted to organise one day each on a central subject of their research and allowing us to cover five major subjects in the domain:
- Kevin Tierney , Bielefeld University on “Deep Reinforcement Learning for Vehicle Routing Problems”
- Marius Lindauer, Alexander Tornede: Leibniz University Hannover on “Efficient algorithm design via automated algorithm selection and configuration”
- Yingqian Zhang, Eindhoven University of Technology and Sicco Verwer, Delft University of Technology on “Optimization in Machine Learning”
- Kate Smith-Miles, University of Melbourne on “Instance Space Analysis”
- Dimitri Papadimitriou. University of Antwerp on “A third dimension for characterising algorithms: spatial properties”
Each day will be a combination of theory and practice with presentations and workshop sessions allowing an open discussion with the lecturers and their assistants.
Applying for the school is possible until July 31st 2023. More information is available at https://decision-analytics.github.io/PhD-School-DSO-2023/ .
Many thanks to EURO, GOR, University of Bielefeld and its Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, SDS and JAII for the support.
Michael Römer, Bielefeld University,
Patrick De Causmaecker, KU Leuven
Andrew Parkes, University of Nottingham
Ender Özcan, University of Nottingham