We invite you to participate in the FORS50 Conference on Operations Research (OR), which will be held on September 23-24, 2023, at the University of Jyväskylä, Finland, in honor of the Finnish Operations Research Society’s 50-year anniversary. The conference will feature invited keynote talks from distinguished researchers and practitioners from the field of OR, including:
– Prof. Dr. Bernhard Sendhoff, CEO – Global Network Honda Research Institutes
– Prof. Dr. Anders Forsgren, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
– Dr. Jukka Ruusunen, CEO – Fingrid
– Prof. Dr. Emeritus Jyrki Wallenius, Honorary Chairman of the Finnish Operations Society, Aalto University School of Business
In addition to keynote talks, the conference will have contributed talks in parallel sessions and a dinner banquet, providing a platform for researchers, practitioners, and students to share their ideas and contributions on the latest developments in OR.
We welcome submissions of contributed talks. Details of the abstract submission and the submission form are here: https://www.operaatiotutkimus.fi/index.php/fors50/. More info about the event can be found from the conference website which is kept updated during the spring.
We look forward to your participation in the FORS50 Conference on Operations Research and to celebrating the Finnish Operations Research Society’s 50-year anniversary together!
Important dates and key info
Time: September 23-24, 2023
Location: Faculty of Information Technology, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
Venue: Agora building, Mattilanniemi 2.
Registration fee: 160 euros (includes lunch and coffee on both days, and the anniversary banquet)
Registration link: https://www.operaatiotutkimus.fi/index.php/fors50-registration/
Abstract submission link: https://www.operaatiotutkimus.fi/index.php/fors50-call-for-abstracts/
– Abstract submission closes: 12th of May 2023
– Abstract acceptance notification: 17th of May 2023- Registration to the event closes: 28th of June 2023
For further inquiries, contact email@example.com
The board of the Finnish Operations Research Society