The German Society for Operations Research (GOR)
awards outstanding publications of young researchers
in the field of Operations Research
at its annual conference in Dresden in 2019 with the
GOR Young Researchers Award
– in cooperation with Fraunhofer ITWM, Kaiserslautern –
Prizes are awarded for excellent publications in the field of Operations Research, each endowed with € 2,000. The award winners will be invited to report on their work at the conference. The award winners are exempt from the payment of the conference fee, travel and subsistence expenses up to € 500 can be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts. Furthermore, membership in the GOR is free of charge in the year of the award ceremony and in the following year.
Publications of all disciplines submitted to OR Spectrum and MMOR which meet the following criteria will be considered:
- Eligible are applicants whose PhD was completed at most five years ago.
- The publication was finally accepted by the respective journal between 01.01.2017 and 31.03.2019.
- The award winners should be able and willing to present their papers during the OR conference in Dresden (03.09.2019 – 06.09.2019).
- The award winners should submit an article about the work if possible in German for publication in the OR News before 1. September 2019.
Proposals are to be addressed exclusively to the chairman of the award committee, Prof. Dr. Alexander Martin, until April 30, 2019. Whereas self-applications are the rule, the journal editors, honorary GOR members, and winners of the GOR Scientific Research Award might explicitly contact young researchers to apply for the award. Only one application may be submitted per young researcher. Team applications are allowed.
The publication must be submitted in electronic form together with a curriculum vitae of the applicant. In addition, an abstract of up to 200 words in English must be enclosed for publication in the conference proceedings.
Prof. Dr. Alexander Martin
Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftsmathematik
Phone: +49 9131 85-67163