Ausschreibung GOR Young Researchers Award
The German Society for Operations Research (GOR)
awards outstanding young researchers
in the field of Operations Research
at its annual conference in Munich in 2024 with the
GOR Young Researchers Award 2024
– in cooperation with Fraunhofer ITWM, Kaiserslautern –
Prizes are awarded for outstanding young researchers in the field of Operations Research whose excellence is demonstrated among others by a publication in our journals OR Spectrum or MMOR or in a EURO journal (European Journal of Operational Research, EURO Journal on Computational Optimization, EURO Journal on Decision Processes, EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics). Each prize is endowed with € 2.000. The award winners will be invited to report on their work at the conference. The award winners are exempt from the payment of the conference fee and travel up to € 500 can be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts. Furthermore, membership in the GOR is free of charge in the year of the award ceremony and in the following year.
Researcher of all disciplines who meet the following criteria will be considered:
- The PhD was completed at most five years ago.
- The publication in MMOR, OR Spectrum or a EURO journal was finally accepted by the respective journal between 01.01.2022 and 31.03.2024.
- The award winners should be able and willing to present their papers during the OR conference in Munich (03.09.2024 – 06.09.2024).
- The award winners should submit an article about the work if possible in German for publication in the OR News before 01.09.2024.
Proposals are to be addressed exclusively to the chairman of the award committee, Prof. Dr. Stefan Ruzika, until April 30, 2024. Whereas self-applications are the rule, the journal editors, honorary GOR members, and winners of the GOR Scientific Research Award might explicitly contact young researchers to apply for the award. Only one application may be submitted per young researcher. Team applications are allowed.
The publication must be submitted in electronic form together with a curriculum vitae of the applicant.
Prof. Dr. Stefan Ruzika
Rheinland-Pfälzische Technische Universität Kaiserslautern-Landau